Help us celebrate World Ocean Day, Friday June 8th, by doing your bit to protect our blue planet and go microbead-free! It's time to ditch those tiny coloured plastic spheres often found suspended in scrubs and shower gels, as well as many other toiletries and cosmetics, and opt instead for a little natural beauty. The US banned the production of rinse-off cosmetic products containing plastic microbeads in July 2017, with the sale of rinse-off microbead cosmetics due to be prohibited from July this year. So now's the perfect time to look for some more natural alternatives. Microbeads are often used...
Himalayan Salt Cooking Plate 12" x 8" x 1.5" (Rectangle)
Authentic, hand-cut slab of iridescent crystal mined straight from the foothills of the Himalayas. Our mineral-rich salt plates add delicate flavor to food, whether you're grilling, baking or serving on a chilled platter.
- Heat the salt block on the grill to cook thin cuts of meat, fish, and shellfish.
- Chill in the refrigerator to serve cold appetizers like cheese, sushi, and fruit.
- Our protective porcelain-enameled steel holder safely transports the plate to and from the grill, then transforms it into a serving piece (optional add-on).
Dimensions & More Info
- Dimensions: 12" x 8" x 2"
- Harvested from ancient Himalayan sea salt deposits.
- Retains hot and cold temperatures evenly.
- The crystalline salt plate is naturally antimicrobial.
- Plates can be used again and again until they eventually diminish with use.
- Caution: Holder and salt plate will get hot.
- Use grilling mitt and/or gloves when handling.
- The salt plate must be completely dry prior to use on the grill or in the oven.
- With time and use, the plate's shape will get smaller and the color will change.
- Himalayan salt is naturally antimicrobial and requires no cleansers. After use, simply hand-wash the salt plate under warm water and scrub lightly.
- Do not submerge the plate in water. Handwash with non-abrasive sponge or cloth.
- After washing, dry the plate with a paper towel to remove any excess pockets of water in the plate.
- Air-dry the plate for at least 24 hours before next use.
- Store salt plate in an aired environment until next use.